Sunday, March 8, 2015

Revamp, Redesign, and Screencasting Onshape Tomorrow!

New years bring new things. This year has brought me an 800 mile move to the coast, a new microphone setup, a laundry list of new restaurants to enjoy, a broader YouTube viewing audience, some graphic overhauls, and a new piece of feature based modeling software. How exciting!

The design for the blog was looking a little long in the tooth, so I shook things up a bit. You're welcome.

I also implemented video thumbnails over the weekend as well as channel art and a new avatar across my Google services. And now you know.

My lovely wife and I moved from Utah to the Bay Area in California in February. So far it's been good.

Yesterday I had Ethiopian food for the first time. It was super good! This is the point at which I would normally make some wise crack about Ethiopia and food, but I'll restrain. I did suggest that we grab a bite before we went to the restaurant. You know, just in case. It was not well received by the more refined company I was keeping. What, people can make Canadian jokes but not Ethiopian jokes? In all seriousness though, the food was delicious and the experience was really great overall. If you want to eat the food of the Ethiopians and are in San Jose, check out Walia. The staff was great and the food was sensational. We were served by both an Ethiopian Amazon and an Ethiopian dwarf. I literally couldn't ask for more.




An open letter to the good people of Ethiopia.

Dear Ethiopians, 
I love your food. I know, that sounds like the beginning of a bad joke. It's not. This time. I really really like your food. You are a wonderful people with a cultural heritage that is nearly as rich and deep as civilization itself. In millenia past, you were Pharaohs. You built eternal monuments. You cut churches straight down into bedrock. Your food is dang spicy. You are a major focal point of Rastafarianism. That may very well be your greatest achievement. 
We need to talk about your ladies and their treatment. This whole under fed, under sized, under age marriage ending in week long deliveries, dead babies, fistulas, and social pariah statuses thing really needs to stop. Your women are key to your current and future success as a nation. Please be nice to them. 
I ate your food stuffs. They were delectable. Half of them were vegetarian. I then heard that there are no vegetarians in Ethiopia. That made me laugh deeply, from the diaphragm. I too am not vegetarian. I will dine on spicy, stewed meats with you any day. You just let me know. 
Sincerely, 
Chris.




The Real News.


Now, the real news. As of tomorrow, the NDA I signed with Onshape is no longer in effect and I will be screencasting video tutorials on the beta right out of the gate. You have permission to get excited in advance. I'm really stoked about OnShape. They still have some ways to go, but the feature set they currently have is robust and the performance of their system has been fantastic during the closed pre-production period. Here's to it continuing! And the price point! It's so exciting to find feature based modeling software in the affordable range. Keep up the good work, Onshape!

That's about it. Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow me on Twitter. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment