Friday, January 6, 2012

Yet another project

Last summer, my sister Johanna approached me about helping her draft a tree house for her kids. She wanted to have the tree house built around a tree in her backyard, which was an interesting challenge in drafting. Drawing regular geometry on top of organic shapes (like trees) is nigh impossible by traditional methods, as the shape, direction, and location of the tree can be very hard to measure and reproduce in model, so I opted for a different approach. I had been playing with photogrammetry for a while, and at that point it felt like a hammer and everything else looked like a nail. So, we took some pictures and tonight I put together a model using Autodesk 123D (which is neat and you should check it out). We had to pull it through 3D Studio Max before it would go into Revit, but at long last it was in and we were good to go. Enjoy the pictures!







No comments:

Post a Comment